Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

3.13.2011

reading and writing

Read and make art.

Remember those fabric pieces I showed you earlier? Well I made a book describing each piece..sort of like a journal. Actually I didn't make the book, just made it my own! Instead of just writing in a journal, I wanted to enhance it and make the piece a little more unique. I pasted the photos on one page and talked about it on the opposite page. I bought the book for a dollar at the library right next door to our apartment. So great! You can find them just about anywhere... Take a look!

book2


book1

book4

book3

I wanted to have the journal match the rest of pieces, that's why there are so many embellishments. You don't of course have to add this much! You can glue / hot glue your pieces together to make it easier, but I sewed each piece with a different colored thread. I also used sheer fabric in parts to see the words underneath. Make one yourself! Choose a book that suites who you're making the journal for or whatever purpose it is supposed to have. You might be surprised what you can find! Check out this group that made books they found into collages.

Enjoy!
Sincerely,
Sarah

3 comments:

Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

I still love this, SarBear. We need to make some new ones this summer!

Anonymous said...

This would be a great gift idea too. So creative.

Cheers,
Lisa x

Melissa said...

oh my gosh i love this- my daughter is an avid reader...for her 13th bday i am absolutely going to make her one!!

come check out my springy giveaway gals....

melissa x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...