Navigation Bar Home Furniture Posts DIY POSTS Photography Design

3.09.2011

you are what you wear

It's true. What you wear expresses a little piece about who you are. Whether you like it or not, what you cover your body with speaks volumes about how you feel about yourself and how others initially feel about you. I have noticed this even more by the many people watching times I have during my daily routine.

I decided to dive deeper into this by making a series of portraits made out of fabric. Pieces I feel reflect a little bit about that individual's personality. The following are four of my close friends at CCAD...

fabricportraits6
I connected them all together to hang in a row with a thick band of ribbon.


fabricportraits3
I cut the ribbon to showcase them at a local coffee shop.


fabricportaits1
Brie


fabricportaits2
Emily


fabricportraits5
Ashleigh


fabricportraits4
Kelsey


I also made four more of my family members I might post in the future. It's definitely a series worth experimenting with! A visual memory of sorts..

Sincerely,
Sarah

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...